Sunday, November 25, 2012

Spicing up the neighborhood of Amsterdam Slotervaart.

I draw the indoor walls of my flat. I call it a social landscape.
I live here in this student building and have to deal with others everyday. These gips walls are thin like silk. You can hear a lot through them.
I have not much to say_space. Drawing brings me in a different world. I draw old heroes of political resistance and out of my fantasy. Outside it's cold November.
I can see the neighborhood of Slotervaart from the 8th floor.
It's nothing much out there.You can see the airplanes taking off and landing at Schiphol. The view out of the window gets more and more boring everyday since i moved  here...
You can smoke a cigarette out of the window and take a look at my drawings.

These Woningcooperaties are sending students and artists to live here and even work for them. They want to spice up the neighborhood. Another gentrification project maybe. It's all business and we are part of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment